Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Space Queries


What if my space is too large?:

1. Use a paint that is warm or has a dark value (shade).
2. Designate as many seat groupings as you can while still allowing for easy traffic flow.
3. Provide intimacy with lamps.

What if my space is too small?:

1. Use a paint that is cool like blue.
2. Avoid over-scaled furniture or too many pieces.
3. Strategically place mirrors to double your space.
4. Avoid heavy curtains to allow natural lighting.
5. Use overhead lighting.
6. Use appropriately scaled furniture in the space.

What if my space is too narrow?:

1. Paint the space with a horizontal stripe to trick the eye.

What if my space is too long?:

1. Paint the furthest wall a dark hue.

Enjoy your space, Rena

Write a comment and tell me what you think.

No comments: